Sunday, 12 April 2009

Forever Is A Long Time...




So the week I decide to set So Bones up I go awol. Score! Anyway in all fairness it's been a slow week although I did learn probably for the tenth time in my life that drinking a bottle of vodka and a bucket of beer doesn't combat a cold, Heidi Montag records slide quite nicely into DJ sets that mostly consist of Salem and Chicago house records (please see below), and Cassie continues to be the shit not only for almost single handedly continuing to keep the spirit of freestyle alive but for going all Alice Dellal on us...


The last few days I've been mostly caning a new Underdogs production I've come across. Apparently a demo for Usher which makes sense considering it's actually pretty good, and Usher very rarely actually records or releases any of his good stuff, James Fauntleroy continues to impress me with that distinctly melancholic falsetto of his, but as is becoming typical of an Underdogs production it's mostly all about the beats. Having produced three of my favourite songs in 2008 I think it's safe to say I have a lot of time for the work of The Underdogs. I might even go as far as to say they could be the best production team functioning at this moment in time. There was the digitized Wuthering Heights melodrama of My House that captured Cassie inside a cavernous castle constructed out of haunted synthesizers groaning atop the ashes of a thousand Prince femme-protégés, the epic Radio Disney R&B kosmiche of No Air which quietly became song of the year once everyone had gotten over the fact that the song of the year was an incredibly overblown rococo ballad sung by a nondescript American Idol winner, and of course the sonic batshit that was Mannequin, which even after a couple hundred listens still makes not a lick of sense. Seriously someone find these guys a girl they can mould and have their way with. Or better yet get them on board to produce Telepathe's next record.



Just to say, Friday night I had the pleasure of DJing at Mi Ami's London show. Needless to say aside from being beyond excellent, they requested all kinds of good stuff (mostly Kylie Minogue and Britney records.) From what I can recall this is what I played for anyone who cares. Probably not that girl who got pissy cause I said I didn't want to play The Cure

MI AMI (The Lexington) 10th April 2009
//////////////////////////////////////

Chandra - Kate
Panda Bear - Bros
Telepathe - Devil's Trident (PTR Remix)
HEALTH - Die Slow
Photonz - Shaboo (Andy's Edit)
Leif - Black Magic
Dharma - Plastic Doll (Club Mix)
Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You
Inner City - Ahnongay
Parallels - Ultralight
Madonna - Words
Azari & III - Hungry For The Power
Hounds Of Hate - I Like Triangles
Britney Spears - Womanizer
Salem - Tent
Sakura Night - Sky Ferreira
Heidi Montag - Fashion
T.I. - Whats Yo Name
Beautiful Swimmers - O Yea
Telepathe - So Fine
Brandy - I Wanna Be Down (Matt Pendergast Remix)
Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
Salem - Skullcrush
Dreamburger - Destiny Is My Child
Xeno & Oaklander - Blue Flower

4 comments:

  1. and I thought I'd made a fauz pas when I beligerantly played the Black Meteroic Star remix of Piece of Me at the Brighton Mi Ami show. Little did I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *belligerently
    *Meteoric

    spelling FAIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Amnesia still PWNS all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...no dann...you were right on the money!

    ReplyDelete